Within Microsoft lastest PowerBI update, the one exites me most is that we can link PowerBI data flow to Azure data lake storage account.
- When you have a PBIX imported mode reaching more than 1 GB and you are not Primier memeber you can not publish to PowerBI.com. However, with DataFlow in PowerBi you can save upto 10 GB data.
- Your workspace members are able to reuse the same data flow as souce of their PowerBI file.
- When liked to Azure Data Lake Sotrage Gen 2 you can use data got from PowerBI Dataflows as data source across your Azure applications.
To try this, you need to have the following things
You have PowerBI-Pro license and above.
You are an admin to your Azure portal. (Or you are good friend of your admin ^_^)
There are few things I found out when I did my experiment and I think you might face are:
- You can use blank query to copy M Codes from your Power Queries
- If you have a table function to transfer and you don’t have primier account, you can still do so by select “do not load”
- To configure Azure Data Lake Gen 2 connect to PowerBI, follow this document from microsoft. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-dataflows-connect-azure-data-lake-storage-gen2
- When you configured everything right according to the above microsoft document. You may still have issue like I did. Please follow the following communication string to see the lastest udpate on the PowerBI community discussing. https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Power-BI-Dataflow-to-Azure-Data-Lake-Gen2-Setup/td-p/583564
Latest update, Microsoft team has fixed the above. Now I have tested and works fine.
Your friend, Annie